FlameRobin is a database administration tool for Firebird DBMS.
Our goal is to build a tool that is:
- lightweight (small footprint, fast execution)
- cross-platform (Linux, Windows for start, others planned too)
- dependant only on other open source software
14.11.2004 - We are glad to announce the release of FlameRobin 0.2.0 ALPHA, now with property sheets and editors for most database objects, brand new background backup & restore features and a
MacOS X port. Not to mention the new program logo.
- Brand new Backup/Restore dialogs that work in background, let you suppress the output messages and store their settings among invocations. Plus, the output messages can be copied to the clipboard.
- Many dialogs have been redesigned and now feature a cleaner GUI.
- "Show value" and "Show all values" context menu commands implemented for generators.
- Exceptions are now shown in the tree view and have Create/Drop menu commands and a property page.
- Property pages for triggers, table constraints, dependencies (all objects), generators were added. Plus, a special empty property page now appears for not yet supported object types, instead of an error message.
- Ability to view/add/drop table constraints.
- Reconnect menu command for databases will physically disconnect and reconnect a database in one shot.
- "Create new" and "Drop" commands added for external functions.
- New MacOS X port.
Release notes here, as well as a detailed list of what's new download here. Please send us comments, bug reports, feature requests, wishes, etc.